Saturday, December 17, 2011

Would a tear drop cut diamond be a bad idea for an engagement ring?

I really like the cut of a tear drop diamond, its more unique and still looks elegant. However, I suddenly started thinking that maybe people will be @$$es about the cut and say something about it being bad luck. Whats your opinion?|||My e-ring for my first marriage was a one carat pear...or teardrop as you call it.





There is no such thing as 'bad luck' as far as objects bringing luck of any kind is concerned....my marriage ended because of other issues and none of them had to do with my e-ring being a pear shaped diamond.





Call it a 'teardrop' shed for joy and happiness.





It's a lovely cut....ignore the '@$$es.|||One of my favorite kind of engagement rings is cut like that, then surrounded in smaller diamonds. I also know someone whose engagement/wedding ring is that cut, and I didn't even think about it!





People are silly. It could just as likely be a raindrop as a teardrop. :)|||here is some eye candy for pear shaped diamonds. mine is ladykemma's pawn shop pear, about half way down.





http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/view.a鈥?/a>





if you can look past the horrific setting, that is a fine pear. get it reset!


http://cgi.ebay.com/Fine-Estate-Vintage1鈥?/a>





look past the dated setting and look at this pear. http://cgi.ebay.com/ESTATE-14K-GOLD-75CT鈥?/a>





edit: hey look at this one. http://cgi.ebay.com/36-VS2-E-Pear-Shape-鈥?/a>|||I like the tear drop shape and agree it is more unique and very elegant. It's also slimming for chubbier fingers. Who cares what people have to say about it? I don't even know what their objection would be. Bad luck? Why? That makes no sense.|||I don't see why it would be bad luck. And it isn't really referred to as teardrop shaped so much as it is pear shaped. I think if that's the shape you want, to hell with anyone's opinion! You'll be the one wearing it, not them.|||Marriage doesn't take luck, it takes communication and commitment.


You are the one who will be looking at it everyday, as long as you love it who cares what anyone else thinks.|||Mine is that shape, but I always thought it was called a "pear" shaped diamond. I've gotten a lot of compliments on it because its unique.|||It's not bad luck, it's just a diamond. If that's the shape you like, go for it. My fav is the square radiant. I love the asscher cut but it doesn't sparkle.|||Well, technically it's a "Pear" shape... while it looks like a teardrop, that is not the shape's name.





As far as I'm aware, pears aren't bad luck in anyone's world. ;)|||who cares about them as long as you like then i would get it...when i get my engagement ring i'm having black diamonds and regular diamonds and it's beautiful|||pERSONALLY I THINK ITS UGLY BUT I DONT THINK I WOULD EVER COMMENT ON A PERSONS UGLY RIG AND I CERTIANLY WOULDNT THINK TO TELL THEM THEY WILL HAVE BAD LUCK WITH THE MARRIAGE|||I have a ''pear'' shape diamond, that's the correct name. I've always had great compliments about it. Be sure and wear it with the ''point'' down towards your finger tip. :-)|||My mom has a pear cut diamond in her e-ring. My parents have been married for 34 years, no bad luck there. =)|||You're the one who has to wear it. If you love it, then it's perfect. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment