Saturday, December 17, 2011

What is a fair price for a small but good quality diamond?

I cannot afford a big diamond for an engagement ring, but I can get a good quality one (.4-.5 karat, but VVS1, Ideal cut, E-D color, etc.). I am seeing prices from 1200-1800. What is actual fair pricing? (I am considering both online stores and local shops)|||Is this a GIA certified stone?





i would not buy a stone without a GIA certification these days. I just want to make sure that I am backing my investment. Plus when my husband and I were looking at diamonds the GIA report was the only real way we could compare and contrast prices at different shops and get an idea of markup.





I.e. If you write down this diamond that is VVS1, E and .5 ct at one store and another GIA certified stone at another store that is VERY similar grades is 50% more in cost you will know they have a higher markup. Etc.





At least that is how we did it. Good luck and have fun. Based on what we saw it looks like you are in a fair price range.

No comments:

Post a Comment