Saturday, December 17, 2011

What do you think of a solitaire Sapphire engagement ring vs Diamond?

My friend wants propose with a solitaire Sapphire with silver band ring. Not sure why he isnt going with diamond. What are you ladies opinions of how people will react when his fiance shows other people her ring?|||i think that if he knows she'll love it then that's all that matters, i think not going with a diamond is a more personal ring, i think other people the lucky gal shows will love the ring. Mostly because its not about the ring it's the fact that she is happy|||Lots of people choose other gemstones for engagement rings. It's even more common outside the U.S. Sometimes it's about the money, other times it's an opportunity to be unique. Jessica Simpson had a ruby on her engagement ring. Lady Diana, Kate Middleton, and Penelope Cruz all had sapphire engagement rings!





What worries me is the silver band. Silver is a very soft metal and most respectable jewelers will NOT set quality stones in silver. Otherwise, the setting will get loose and the stone could fall out. Silver is also prone to tarnishing and discoloration.|||I think a sapphire ring is darling. Blue and silver look REALLY nice together. Prince Charles proposed to Diana with a sapphire ring and Prince William used that same ring to propose to Kate. Tell your friend to tell his girl that he went with that ring because she is his Princess or Queen (whichever title he chooses).





I really think that she will not think that it is cheap as some here have suggested. There are some women who aren't diamond hounds, some of us look at the sentiment BEHIND the gift. I wish your friend lots of success and happiness.|||Gorgeous! Classy! Unique. Sapphire rings are stunning. Also, while a diamond typically denotes love, a sapphire has healing qualities. It is said to bring financial gain to it's wearers and protect them in health. If he looks for a sapphire with small diamonds present too it could be even more meaningful because he is presenting her with a ring that represents love and health.|||There are two schools of thought here. One is that you should buy a ring that your fiance will love, and maybe they love sapphires. That being said, I think an engagement ring should have a diamond in it.





Some people think that diamonds are too expensive, but that's not true. Take a look at a site like http://adiamor.com and you'll find plenty of options for every budget.





Finding and buying a diamond engagement ring online is the best way to go and will save you lots of money in the long run. Tell your friend to take a look at their diamonds before they make a final decision http://www.adiamor.com/advanced_diamond_鈥?/a>





Good luck!|||My ring is diamond but I was seriously looking into sapphires. I love them! They are so beautiful %26amp; I love the deep blue color. My fiance is more traditional than I am about things like e-rings %26amp; our wedding but he has agreed to compromise %26amp; so now I get to have a small pave band of sapphires as my wedding ring. I am looking forward to it!





I think a solitaire sapphire sounds lovely! I bet she will love it! Who cares how other people will react? But I seriously doubt anyone will think bad things, I know if I saw it I would love it and say so|||I agree, it sounds kinda cheap. I would personally recommend something that has both the sapphire and the diamond ^.^|||either way you can not lose with whatever you pick|||I would say she is damm happy to get a ring at all including ring-around the collar

No comments:

Post a Comment