Thursday, December 15, 2011

What is the average price of a solitare with this diamond?

3 point or four point diamond, princess cut, not a tall ostentatious sized diamond. What is that diamond and a simple solitare gonna cost? Cuz I'm gonna propose to my girl with it?|||I'm assuming you mean 0.30pts or 0.40pts.





Please look at the 4cs when pricing a diamond. You have an of the carat weight you would like. Don't forget





1. Cut


2. Color


3. Clarity





These all play an important role in determining price.





I searched online and found an AGS ideal cut 0.41ct G color VS2 clarity for USD$891. You could always go higher in color and clarity which will incur more cost or lower which will be cheaper. I'm just giving an example of a midpoint range in terms of color and clarity.





It might be a good idea to start your research in a retail store, asking them to show you diamonds of varying colors and clarity. Once you have decided what your comfortable with you could go online and see if you can get a better deal.





Hard question to answer on the solitaire as well. Depending on whether you prefer the metal to be white gold or platinum. Also what size your girl's finger is. The bigger the finger = the more metal required = more cost. An example of a simple 6 prong tiffany style solitaire in 14k white gold be roughly around USD$250.





The price I quoted was for a round brillant. A princess cut of the same color and clarity presuming its well cut...around USD$800





IdealD.|||I guess it really depends on where you shop or the clarity %26amp; colour of the diamond. If you go to reputable brands like Tiffany %26amp; Co. or Cartier... you can forget it. But a non-branded shop can cost around 2G. But then again, it really depends on your location. I got mine .4, D grade for 3G.|||According to my husband my engagement ring was about 3500, my ring is similar to what you described. Pricey but it'll all be worth it..





GOOD LUCK!!|||a 3 or 4 point diamond is a diamond chip, a mere speck





you need at least 25 - 33 points and even that will be incredibly small. look up whiteflash. You're looking at about 900 dollars.





diamond delights on ebay has a nice 1/3 carat loose princess stone. there is also a very nice old mine cut in a setting that I admire.


I don't have time to look it up for you right now. be back later.

No comments:

Post a Comment